Saturday, August 4, 2007

Celebrating the Journey

This is a my first attempt at blogging, so here goes! I am looking forward to sharing some of my essays, and interacting with close friends through this medium. Hopefully this can be a forum for theological reflection as well as mutual encouragement.

A little about me...I suppose I may have to become more accustomed to sharing about myself and of myself...

I have been a minister for a whoppping 20 years now. I am currently serving the Granbury Church of Christ as preaching minister. I also coordinate chaplaincy services for the Texas Dept. of Public Safety in Region VI, and serve as chaplain for the Granbury Police Dept. This role entails crisis intervention and services to victims.

I married Jan 23 years ago today. We are blessed with three great boys: Randall, Daniel, and Mitchell. Randall is a university student, and the other two are still at home! (Thankfully)

We love our life and ministry in Granbury. We work with great people in a wonderful community.

I can't wait to share more with each of you.

1 comment:

Niki said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! Love the name of your blog. I'll send people your way soon! Welcome to your newest creative outlet John!